Cannabis is such an exciting field to be in; it seems like every day we learn something new about this amazing plant. You’ve probably heard that cannabis has hundreds of active chemicals, called cannabinoids, that change the effect a cannabis product can have on your body.
Here’s something you may not have heard about: cannabigerol or CBG. This is one of the many cannabinoids science is newly learning about. So, what’s so great about CBG?
6 Benefits of CBG
- CBG is a vasodilator: This means that CBG can help to relax the muscles in your veins and arteries, relieving tightening and allowing blood to flow more freely. This can be especially helpful for conditions like Glaucoma that are caused by the tightening of blood vessels.
- CBG fights inflammation: You probably know that inflammation plays a role in a wide variety of conditions including IBS, skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis, arthritis and more. Inflammation, even as a symptom, can have many unwanted effects on the body. CBG is a natural alternative to reduce general inflammation, as pharmaceutical anti-inflammatories are hard on your stomach long-term.
- CBG is neuroprotective: There are several degenerative diseases that erode your body’s neurons; the signal system that is so vital to our functioning. Conditions like Parkinson’s, Huntington’s disease, and Alzheimers break down this system over time. Neuroprotective treatments slow the progression of these conditions and encourage stable and healthy neuron functioning.
- CBG fights cancer cell growth: That’s not to say it cures cancer! However, numerous studies have shown various cannabinoids, including THC and CBD, to slow the progression of certain cancers. Studies using isolated CBG on mice with colorectal cancer show the same effect.
- CBG inhibits muscle contraction: A study of 5 different cannabinoids was done on bladder contractions. CBG came out the best at controlling the contractions.So well, in fact, that it may be a promising treatment for bladder conditions and other types of muscle spasticity in the future.
- CBG is an appetite stimulant: CBG with no other cannabinoids present was tested as an appetite stimulant on rats and was found to be very effective. This is good news for those with severe weight loss or wasting syndrome who are sensitive to other cannabinoids such as THC, which has also been proven to stimulate appetite.
So far, CBG has been seen on the market in the form of CBG oils, edibles such as gummies, capsules, crystalized CBG distillate, and high-CBG hemp flower. This is an exciting niche to expand into!
Sarah Sativa is excited to bring out our first CBG products. Here’s what we’ve got:
- 5% CBD Oil
- 10% CBD Oil
- 10mg CBG capsules
- CBG nano spray
If you take a medication that has a “grapefruit warning” (telling you not to eat grapefruit while taking it) on the container, it’s best to check with your doctor before taking CBG. CBG may affect how these medications, including some common antihistamines and pain medications, are metabolized.
Ready to try out our new CBG products for yourself? Contact us to find a supplier or make a remote order!